License question

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM
How does the license of Mo+ work?
GPL is infectuous normally, but am I allowed to make custom models, templates, etc, etc using Mo+, and keep those private? (and use them for commercial applications?)

Regards,
Matthijs ter Woord
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM
The GPL license applies to the Mo+ software only (language, interpreter, and tools). Any items produced using Mo+ (such as code and spec templates) do not fall under the GPL license. Anything generated by Mo+ does not fall under the license. You can certainly create and maintain proprietary software with Mo+.

You are free to create your own templates and keep them private. You are free to modify any sample templates and keep those private. The sample templates expressly don't have any copyright or license info in them, as they are meant to be starting points for your own work.

Happy coding! If you have any questions, suggestions, or issues in creating and utilizing Mo+, I'd be very happy to assist!

Dave Clemmer
Aug 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Awesome!

I already expected this (not second paragraph, but that's reasonable as well). But I think it's a good thing to have somewhere noted in a FAQ or so..

Keep up the good work! I'm going to testdrive it this weekend!
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Thanks! I updated the Readme.txt file in the sample packs source to indicate that the sample pack templates do not fall under the GPL license. If any more folks have licensing questions, I'll add info in the Solution Builder on board help FAQ.

Good luck! I'd love to hear how it goes. Hopefully there is enough info to get started, from the Solution Builder on board help, video tutorials, and/or CodePlex articles (links in the Documentation section on this site).