Support Oracle

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Hi,

Mo+ supports Oracle ?

I use Oracle 11g, and ODP.NET (Oracle.DataAccess 4.112.3.0) and VS 2010 and VS 2012.

Any suggestions?
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
The Mo+ Solution Builder currently only has database loaders for SQL Server and MySQL. It is in the plan to have additional database loaders, currently in the October time frame, with Postgre SQL and Oracle being highest priority. This work will be after getting and responding to initial general language and tool feature feedback and getting the membership site up and going.

Your current workarounds for loading Oracle Db information into a Mo+ model are:
  1. Script out your Oracle schema and load into a MySQL or SQL Server db. I believe there are third party utilities to support this, if Oracle doesn't directly.
  2. If you can output your Oracle schema into XML (or otherwise have that info as XML), you can write spec templates to interpret that XML to load the info. If you try to do this, I can assist if you have questions.
Once you have your Mo+ model loaded, you can generate Oracle compatible schema and procedures with your own or modified sample code templates with the current version.

The Mo+ Solution Builder VS Package currently runs within VS2010 only (you can always use the windows application). I should have a VS2012 installer ready by end of month. You can generate VS2012 solutions with your own or modified sample code templates with the current version.

Thanks for your questions!

Dave Clemmer
Aug 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
It would be interesing use DBTool for Oracle and joins both projects.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/562109/DBTool-for-Oracle-Part-1
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Thanks! I took a gander at DBTool, I may take a deeper look later for Oracle db loading capabilities.